CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MY FUN

First, I love to blog about my family life. I love the crazy things that happen in my home. I love sharing that with friends and family. Next, I love seeing what's going on in my friends and family's lives. While visiting their blogs, I sometimes get sidetracked on even other blogs. I love to see what people are cooking.......sewing.......crafting! Even though I have made some of the recipes and copied some crafting ideas in my own projects, I want to do more. I enjoy making cards, scrapbook pages, mini scrapbooks and other paper projects. I enjoy photography. I enjoy cooking and baking. I enjoy decorating for the holidays and seasons. I've even started to enjoy reading again. All of this is MY FUN. Instead of trying to incorporate some of these things in my family blog, I'm going to have my own creative outlet on this blog. It will be a place I can go and reflect on past accomplishments and a place to post new ones. With all my boys in school for the day, I now have the time to focus on me a little more. And this is one of the things I'm going to focus on. This was the plan weeks ago when the boys started school - time seems to pass fast and I wasn't creating. Since last Thursday night I've been under the weather. This has given me lots of time to sit back and think. When I woke up today, I HAD HAD IT! I thought I was going to go crazy if I didn't get something accomplished. I knew I couldn't clean, it would wipe me out! But I could create something.....that's what spurred me into action today. Enough talking....here's my first completed project. I had two of my friend's photos from June 2006 - her daughters and their friends enjoying some bowling. I had some ideas for this layout, but as I started I went a completely different direction. I used this big scalloped paper and punched out circles that mimic the bowling balls and it gave me a place to stamp the girls names. Color choices are not always easy for me, especially with everyone wearing differenct colors and the purple and red in the background. But I think I did OK....at least I did something!
One of my original ideas for this layout was to use red jewels - maybe as the lines on a big bowling pin. The page was clearly going in a different direction, but I still had the red jewels out. Problem: I wasn't using any red! How was I going to tie red into the page? That's when I decided to paint the title white and draw the red lines. Then I could use the red jewels and I don't feel they are out of place.
So there you have it, my first post on my new blog!

2 comments:

Heather

So fun! I'm still trying to keep up with the one blog. Only 5 more years and both MY kiddos will be in school. Sounds like a good time. ;)

La Famille B

You worked those red jewels, girl!

Post a Comment