CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A BAPTISM AND AN EAGLE

 We had such a busy weekend!!!!!  We started with family arriving in town Thursday night, Kyler's birthday party on Friday and Kyler's baptism and Colton's Eagle Court of Honor on Saturday - back to back at two separate buildings!  These are some of the photos that we displayed for Kyler.
 I just love this boy!
 We could only take standing on the asphalt so long....it was so hot!
 This is my FAVORITE!!!!!
 For years I've seen eagle statues of every size at thrift stores.  I had it in the back of my mind that I would purchase some (as I got closer to an Eagle scout in my home) paint them and display them at an Eagle Court of Honor.  PROBLEM:  The second I was looking for Colton's big day.....NO MORE EAGLES!!!!!  I haven't seen 1....ONE eagle in the last few months.  I was so disappointed as I had big plans.  One day I checked the dollar store and found these little guys.  I bought four and painted them red, white, blue and silver.
 They turned out fine and were on the display table with his eagle project binder.
 I've learned my lesson though.  The next time I see an eagle at a thrift store, I'm buying it!  I still have two more future eagles....right boys!
I did make vanilla crunch and cinnamon bun popcorn for the luncheon.  I'm sure my boys will remember that much more than eagles on display!

0 comments:

Post a Comment