CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

SPICED PEAR BREAD

My fourth grade teacher LOVED miniatures. We had 3 or 4 projects where we created a miniature room that year. She taught us how to make super mini Kleenex boxes once.....TOO CUTE! They really were....especially with a little tissue popping up out of the box. I think I became obsessed with making them and my friends became the willing recipients of these mini boxes. My love for mini things is still going strong. (maybe that's why I love babies so much!) This is what my micro mini loaf pans make:
That's Kyler's hand behind it!
And how cute is this pan - my super mini bundt pan. (with a cute micro mini loaf in front)
It was the first time to use my super mini bundt pan.....what do you think? Unfortunately, I overfilled the cavities and they ended up look muffins!
This was my first time making this recipe. It was good, not great. It did get better to me the second day. I will make them again, but I think it needs something else. Maybe a little more spice, maybe adding a secondary flavor (my choice would be vanilla), my friend wanted more sugar! I think it's still worth making and it did kick off my fall baking!
Spiced Pear Bread
3 cans (15 oz) pears, drained and mashed
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce (sweetened or unsweetened)
1/2 cup canola oil
3 eggs
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to pear mixture and mix well. Pour into four 5"x3"x2" pans coated with non stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
* I used micro mini loaf pan and the super mini bundts.....I was able to get 24 loaves and 12 bundts from the recipe. These pans baked up in 22 minutes. Or make a large loaf and toast it!
recipe provided by Peri Janis in cooking club

0 comments:

Post a Comment