CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

BIRTHDAY CARDS & A BAPTISM BOOK

I finally spent some time in my craft room (by the way....it needs a name!   I let the boys help me name the house....they chose Steve, yes, Steve.   Please give me suggestions so I'm not tempted to ask the boys again!)  I left the room with three birthday cards and a baptism book completed.  Hooray for me!  The cards are very simple, but at least I accomplished something!
 I wanted to play a little bit and decided it was time to finally use some glimmer mist.
 Here are my three colors.
 I used a stencil and Bazzill Navajo for this background.  I oversprayed a little, but I liked the dots a little messy.  I really need to put more thought into the photos.  You can't even see how much it glimmers!
 Again, not the best photo, I really wish you could see the glimmer.  I used negative space from a flower die cut and sprayed Bazzill piglet over the card.  (I know this card needs something more, maybe I can figure it out before I send it to someone)
 Next, I worked on Kyler's baptism book.  While we waited for Kyler to change after he was baptized, we asked everyone there to write a note to him.  (We did this at Asher's baptism too)  We had so many cards, that we could barely fit them in his book.  No room for anything else!  The first page are notes from his brothers.
 Followed by family and friends!
 There were lots of drawings too.
 Very interesting drawings!
 I love Colton's vision of Kyler at age 20.
I hope Kyler enjoys looking through the book for years to come!

1 comments:

Jen Hakes

Wish I would have thought of that. What a neat book!

Post a Comment